Offering therapy services for adolescents, adults in and around Marlow, England
Counselling is generally a short-term or brief therapy that actively focuses on behaviour patterns or a specific issue. Short-term therapy can be any number of sessions between 0-24 sessions.
The NHS Talking therapies, for example, will offer between 6 – 9 sessions to short-term clients. Many EAP provider may offer between 3 – 6 sessions for short-term work. Majority of counselling charities organisation, such as Number 22, will offer between 6 – 9 sessions for their short-term work.
There are lots that can be gained from a focused and structured short-term works provided that the specific goal is targeted. For example, a client might seek counselling for help with a recent bereavement. This type of therapy might need around 6 – 12 sessions.
Counselling has many potential benefits include:
- Improved communication skills through talking.
- Improved interpersonal skills through relationship building within the therapeutic settings.
- Developing awareness for self and others.
- Developing an understanding of self and others.
- Developing skills and inner resources to cope with stress, anxiety and other mental disturbances.
- Developing tolerances for self and others.
- Developing emotional resilience and expressing emotions such as anger, hurt, guilt, shame etc.
- Improved sense of self, self-knowing and self-reflection.
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Assessing and promote changes, including change of behaviour, change of mindsets, change of belief and change of habit patterns.
Counselling can also offer educational benefits include:
- Learning to challenge one’s own belief through psycho-education.
- A way to develop, form and build a relationship.
- A way to role-play problems and work through issues.
- Have an ability to make connections between feelings and distinguish emotions.
- Develop ability for independent thinking and critical self-analysis.
- Taking responsibility for own behaviours, emotions and feelings.
- Increased mental wellness and psychological awareness.
- Develop and establish a better relationship with the will (volition).
Counselling can be a powerful tool for self-development that promote better mental stability and health. It is also a safe and confidential space for trial and error. It is a space to make mistakes, explore difficult subjects, or discuss sensitive matters.
In a therapeutic session with a non-judgemental therapist, it can be empowering to express yourself freely without judgements.
It is safe to be yourself in the therapy room-if you allow yourself to be.
Counselling Rates – £50 per 50 minutes sessions
Counselling session sliding scale available, if proof of low-income is provided. Please, ask me for more details.
If you would like to find out how counselling can help you, please contact me.
“To be or not to be-that is the question.”
– a quote from Hamlet
Please note the cancellation policy. If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.